Who We Are
OUR MISSION - To increase the number of adults completing college in the Greater Philadelphia region, by engaging business, higher education, government, organized labor, workforce and economic development, community building organizations, social service providers, and college graduates to align existing resources, remove barriers, and create new pathways for adults to complete a college degree.
OUR VISION- Every adult who aspires to earn a college degree has access to the resources and supports they need to start and complete a college degree:
- Every adult is connected to an individual who knows how to go to and through college.
- Understanding the value of a degree and knowing how to succeed in college are ubiquitous within all communities, across socio economic groups.
- Adults have affordable college options at accredited institutions.
- The practice of investing in adults completing college is mainstream in talent, workforce, and economic development strategies.
OUR WORK - In Philadelphia and with our affiliates across the country, we work to:
- Increase awareness of the benefits of including adult completion as a regional strategy for economic development, workforce talent, and strengthening communities.
- Promote policies within higher education, employers, and private and public funding sources for individual college students.
- Demonstrate, develop, and promote practices that promote adult college completion.
OUR IMPACT - Since 2008:
- More than 2,000 adults have gone back to college with Graduate! Philadelphia’s help and 500 have already graduated. Many are continuing on to their next degree.
- Graduate! Philadelphia’s work has added over $11 million to the regional economy.
- Local colleges and universities are partners in Graduate! Philadelphia and all are fully regionally accredited, have high graduation rates, and offer courses that are flexible, focused, and convenient for adults.
We provide FREE OF CHARGE advising, guidance, coaching and supports to adults who seek to return to college, from the decision to return to completion of a college degree.
OFFICE and GENERAL INQUIRIES
1211 Chestnut Street, Suite 900
Philadelphia, PA 19107